OPEN HEAVEN 5 OCTOBER 2020 MEMORIZE: And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. Exodus 32:14
OPEN HEAVEN 5 OCTOBER 2020 BIBLE READING EXODUS 32:10-20
10. Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
11. And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
12. Wherefore should the Epyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that l have spoken of will Iive unto your seed, and they shall inherit it forever.
14. And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
15. And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
16. And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
17. And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp.
18. And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.
19. And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses’ anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.
20. And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strewed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.
Beloved, we truly appreciate your effort in sharing these contents with others across social media handles. The testimonies we have read in the lives of many here over the last few years have been overwhelming. This is a proof of God’s faithfulness and intervention by the means of this platform which started December 2015, through the inspiration of our daddy and mummy in the Lord, Pastor E. A. Adeboye and Pastor Mrs. Folu Adeboye. Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. You can send us a message via the comment section, we will respond accordingly. You are lifted in Jesus’ name.
If you are visiting this platform for the first time, please save this website RCCGONLINE.ORG on your device to ease your next visit. Hymnal, Bible Reading & Other helpful clickable links below. God bless you!
OPEN HEAVEN 5 OCTOBER 2020 MESSAGE
Anyone who God is against is doomed already.
However, I have good news for you: God can change His mind if the conditions are right for Him to do so.
In today’s Bible reading, God was ready to destroy the Israelites and start a new generation, but Moses was successful in his appeal.
What was in Moses plea that made God change His mind?.
First, Moses was pleading from the mountain. He had a special relationship with God.
He was closer to God than the rest; he was a favourite.
If you have incurred God’s wrath through sin, you stand a better chance of obtaining mercy by getting someone like Moses with a higher level of anointing, to plead on your behalf.
Secondly, Moses was not selfish in his plea. He was always particular about God’s name and reputation.
When you put His interest first, He listens. Moses said:
“Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people. Exodus 32:12”
Finally, Moses ensured the people repented and forsook their sins. God cannot be fooled.
After forgiveness, you cannot continue doing what brought His wrath on you in the first place.
Christian leaders, if any member of your flock is going astray, plead with God for such.
If the fellow changes, you could discipline them before God does.
God still punished the Israelites for transgressing despite not wiping them out.
This is why erring workers in the Church are sometimes suspended we don’t want God to mete out the punishment Himself.
Man’s punishment cannot be as fearsome as God’s anger.
It is true that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23), but God does not want the death of a sinner (Ezekiel 18:23).
If you confess your sins, repent and forsake them, God is faithful and just to forgive you and spare you His wrath.
Indeed, He will not reject a broken and contrite heart (Psalms 51:17).
OPEN HEAVEN 5 OCTOBER 2020 KEY POINT: PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY’S OPEN HEAVENS 5 OCTOBER 2020
If you know you have incurred the wrath of God upon yourself, confess to a spiritual authority over you, who is closer to God, asking him/her to intercede on your behalf.
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s Open Heaven 5 October 2020 Monday, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please, share with someone on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
PREVIOUS DAY: OPEN HEAVENS 4 OCTOBER 2020
OPEN HEAVEN 5 OCTOBER 2020 HYMN
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
OPEN HEAVEN 5 OCTOBER 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JOHN 2:1-25, JOHN 3:1-36, JOHN 4:1-54